Information for Farmers
- Check your insurance policy for Tenant Liability, House (Site) Insurance & Public Liability of at least 10 million dollars & notify your Insurance Company of this proposal.
- Enter into a Licence Agreement (a copy can be obtained from the Tottenham Welfare Council) Both Parties can terminate this Agreement within 90 days of signing.
- With reasonable notice the Licensor can inspect the site and ensure compliance with the Agreement.
- Decide on the 1 hectare of land that will go with the house
- Think about your terms and aims. ie. Do you want the site renovated or help on the farm? Perhaps a Caretaker role?
- Decide on the Rent & Security Bond payable (NB: 12 months rent in advance as per Item 7 in Licence Agreement & bond on commencement of occupancy)
- Do you want a real estate agent involved? W.Burke & Co from Narromine will conduct a rental check on the applicants to ensure that they have been good tenants
- Make sure you sight & inspect the Licensee’s public risk policy & contents insurance policy.
- If the property is sold the tenant can be asked to vacate (as per license agreement item 8.2)